On today's panel:
Mike Bastin, Marketing and Research Methods Lecturer, Tsinghua University, Beijing
Ben Cavender, Associate Principal, China Market Research Group, in Shanghai
Xu Qinduo & Mike Bastin in the studio during the panel discussion
Some of the fascinating insights made during the show:
- Younger generation focused on spending and lifestyle, savings rates are on the decline in China.
- Foreign goods still perceived as better quality, safer, but Chinese goods are improving their image among Chinese buyers.
- The perception remains that foreign goods are better quality, safer, but Chinese goods are improving their image among Chinese consumers.
- In China marketing, over-reliance on TV commercials and under-reliance on digital marketing.
- Need more market research on consumer personalities in Chinese.
- How to look rich China-style: Buy a Starbucks coffee, save the cup, and keep refilling it with tea.